This article shows how to import samples acquired from the Sounds.com website into your DAW.
- Log into your Sounds.com account with your Native ID.
- When you find a sample you want to use, click the downward arrow on the right side of the sample, as shown below.
- Navigate to your Downloads folder, where the sample has been saved.
Note: We recommend saving your samples to a different folder dedicated to your downloaded samples and keeping them organized however you prefer (e.g. by tempo, by instruments, or by key, etc.)
- To load a sample, simply drag & drop the sample into your timeline. In the example below, we are dragging and dropping the sample onto a pre-existing track in Logic Pro X.
- Additionally, some DAWs offer the option to drag & drop a sample below your tracks and will automatically create a new track for it. Logic Pro X offers this option, as shown below.
This process is similar when using any DAW.